I decided to paint more leaves and ended up creating a nice little pattern.
Happy Thursday, friends! 💚
To start, I painted my leaves in watercolor and let them dry. I don’t have a good photo of them to share though. It’s been rather gray outside and photographing artwork has been a little difficult lately. 😊
A few days later, I outlined my watercolor leaves in ink. There were many places that had room for more leaves so I sketched a few more on each branch with my pen. I think it added a little movement and fun.
Adding ink detail to a painting can be a little scary. I’ve been there and still need to remind myself of these things:
- I can always start over and repaint if I need to
- You learn something with every painting
- Fear holds you back and causes a shaky hand (and shaky lines)
- If you decide to add ink, do it with confidence and deliberate strokes
- Don’t worry about the results, they get better over time
I hope you are inspired to create art and do more of what you love.
Until next time, share a smile and shine on!
🌸 Patty Anne 🌸