Updating a Winter Cardinal

While sorting through some paintings I came across a Cardinal that I painted three years ago. I liked the painting but something just wasn’t right so I never posted it. Today I’ll share with you how the update turned out.

Happy Sunday! 💚

cardinal painting from 2018

This was the painting from 2018 before I made any updates.

Where I decided to make a few changes:
-the far side of the head should have a partial view of the other eye
-cleaning up the claws a little and maybe adding one that I noticed was missing
– a few darker areas on the tail and body
– bumping up some of the red color

updated cardinal watercolor painting

9 x 12 inch Winter Cardinal – after the update

Rounding out the far side of the head and making the hidden eye slightly visible was exactly what this painting needed. That little change alone made a big difference. Now I can finally say this one is finished and I really like it. 🙂

I will be taking a blogging break for a few weeks and returning after the new year. I’m looking forward to spending time with family and making new cherished memories.

Wishing you peace and joy this holiday season,

Patty Anne

Join me on Instagram at pattyanneart

Visit my shop at Society6

%d bloggers like this: